- The ARX Series kicks off May 25-27 at iconic Silverstone Circuit in the U.K.
- Subaru will enter three 600hp 2018 Subaru WRX STI rallycross supercars
- Subaru drivers Chris Atkinson and Patrik Sandell will be joined in the U.K. by local favorite David Higgins
- Fans can watch the event via livestream followed by event coverage on CBS Sports
Subaru Rally Team USA announced today that they intend to enter all rounds of the newly formed Americas Rallycross Championship (ARX). IMG, the company behind the promotion of the FIA World Rallycross Championship, will be launching the ARX series this year with a four-round championship. While primarily U.S. based, the iconic Silverstone Circuit in the U.K. will host the inaugural race on May 25-27, alongside the World Rallycross round and the Speedmachine festival being held there. At Silverstone, Subaru Rally Team USA will enter three 2018 Subaru WRX STI rallycross supercars prepared by technical partner Vermont SportsCar for team drivers Chris Atkinson, Patrik Sandell and David Higgins.
Subaru will enter Sandell and Atkinson at all remaining ARX rounds and the team intends to alternate the driver of the third team car between David Higgins, Travis Pastrana and other drivers to be announced. The series will visit Trois-Rivières in Canada on August 4-5 and Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas on September 29-30, both part of the World Rallycross calendar. A fourth round, to be held in the U.S., will be announced shortly by the ARX series.
Fans can watch the action all season LIVE and for free via livestream at the ARX Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/ARXRallycross . A highlights show on CBS Sports will air on the Wednesday following each race.
“We are excited about the growth of rallycross in the USA and it is a key platform to showcase our production technologies like the Subaru BOXER engine and Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive. IMG has done a great job with the World RX series and so we are excited to join their new ARX series,” commented Dominick Infante, Director of Corporate Communications at Subaru of America.
The 2018 ARX series schedule:
1. May 26-27 – Silverstone, U.K.
2. TBA – USA
3. August 4-5 – Trois Rivieres, Canada
4. Sept 29-30 – Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Texas