Ex-Petter Solberg 2004 Subaru Impreza WRC for sale at the Silverstone Auctions ,Saturday 22nd May, 2021
- ‘PRO-WRC 04008’ was the eighth chassis to be built by Prodrive for the 2004 season
- On September 5 2004, Petter Solberg brought home this very S10 Subaru Impreza, World Rally Car ‘555 WRC’, to famously win Rally Japan
- It led the rally from start to finish, claiming 11 stage wins and finishing more than a minute ahead of Sébastien Loeb
- Subsequently rebuilt for Colin McRae to compete at the Bettega Memorial Rally Sprint in Monza
- Acquired privately in 2019 and sent to to Prodrive ‘Legends Department’ to be restored by some of the very same technicians who had worked on the car in period
- The brief was simple;– to present the car exactly as it was during its victory at the 2004 Rally Japan
- This precise recreation was extensive, expensive and lengthy (see below)
- The attention to detail was quite simply unparalleled, bordering on obsessive
- There is a complete booklet in the car’s history file, fully detailing this work along with pictures and detailed stage results for Rally Japan.
- It’s also accompanied by a history file, UK V5, the all-important FIA Gold Book and a spare parts package
- This is the only Impreza that Prodrive Legends have restored so far and, given the provenance of a Japanese manufacturer winning on home soil, ‘PRO-WRC 04008’ now stands out as one of the best and most important examples available.
Source : Silverstone Auctions